Islamic Marriage’s Information and InstructionsContact the Center prior to marriage date to schedule an appointment for marriage.
The following individuals need to be present:
- The groom and the bride.
- Two Muslim witnesses (witnesses may be provided by the center upon request).
- A guardian (Wali) for a Muslim bride who is getting married for the first time.
Bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Original copy of the New Jersey Marriage License (for information and locations for obtaining New Jersey Marriage License please visit( http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/ ).
- Proper photo identification cards/passports for:
- The groom and the bride
- The witnesses (if applicable)
- The guardian (if applicable)
- AIC Members: The suggested fee is $50.00 payable as a donation by cash or check to Altawheed Islamic Center.
- Non-Members: The suggested fee is $100.00 payable as a donation by cash or check to the Altawheed Islamic Center.
The Center will complete/sign the New Jersey Marriage License and mail it to the Clerk of Court and will issue an Islamic Marriage Certificate.
If you have any question, please contact the Islamic Center